Since I don’t make resolutions, at least not on NYE, I do want to take a moment to reflect on all of the things I’m grateful for. Here’s a list of the top 10.
1. No one in my family or circle of friends was diagnosed with Cancer this year. For the last few years, this hasn’t been true. So a big shout out for good health to continue in 2014.
2. Of course my family, extended too. I’m lucky enough to get along well with my in-laws. Another thing to be grateful for.
3. My injured leg is almost better, making running easier.
4. My husband’s job that allows me the opportunity to stay home with the kiddos and write during nap time. And his dedication to working.
5. Being a fast reader. I love that I can devour most books within a day or two.
6. All of my writer friends who found agents and/or was published this year.
7. My writer friends (family too) who support me on this journey. I couldn’t do it without you guys.
8. My faith. For keeping me grounded and giving me the chance to aspire to something better.
9. All of the funny things my kids say or do that makes my life sparkle just a titch more.
10. Happiness. (I suffered severe post-partum depression with all three of my babes, but the last one about did me in.) I’m thankful for the mounds of joy I’ve found this last twelve months, even in the midst of some overwhelmingly tragic moments.
What about you?