It’s that time of year where I take stock of all the things in my life that make me grateful. There are a few that don’t change–my friends, family, and good health. After that the list changes. This year, I’m grateful for the following:
- My education–even though I’m not actively using it in a job. I realized that it helped me learn to be more open minded and educated about topics I would’ve never read or learned about.
- The ability to vote, even if I don’t agree with who is in office.
- Michelle Obama for showing the world how to be and stay classy in the face of adversity. Need I say it; When they go low, we go high.
- Health care-enough said.
- Books-This year I decided to take the Goodreads challenge and I made a goal of a hundred books. I was worried I might not make it as last year I only read about 80, but I’m only 4 away from completing the challenge. This has reaffirmed that I can continue learning by reading or escape from the reality of the world.
- Forgiveness-sometimes we need it and sometimes we need to give it.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and have your own lists of things you are grateful for this year.